E-TECH Brake Caliper Paint Kit
The E-TECH Brake Caliper Paint is a unique one part paint system that has been specially formulated for brake caliper application. The paint requires no mixing with hardeners or priming and is therefore easy to use with no mess. It is easy to apply and has an outstanding high quality long lasting gloss* finish which will enhance your vehicle’s brake calipers and wheel hubs. The paint can be resealed and used at a later date for touch-ups and repairs.
We have a range of 18 popular colours available
*Gloss finish except for matt colours
- High quality one part paint that resists corrosion, brake dust, cleaning chemicals, road salt and oil
- Easy to apply and easy to clean
- No dismantling of parts
- Stunning long lasting high quality finish
- Lead free formula
- Heat rated to 220°C
• Pack contents: 1 x 500ml E-TECH Brake Cleaner Aerosol, 1 x Paint brush, 1 x 250ml Tin of E-TECH Caliper Paint
• Additional items required include a steel brush, masking tape
• Long term performance of this lacquer on bare aluminium, stainless steel and non-ferrous metal surfaces cannot be guaranteed.
• Remove wheels from the vehicle following the manufacturer’s guidelines. Use steel brush to remove loose dirt & rust deposits from the surface to be painted. Use brake parts cleaner to remove all traces of grease, dirt, dust, brake fluid, oil and moisture from surface to be painted. It is not necessary to remove brake calipers or drums prior to painting, although masking-up of brake hoses, bleed screws & other rubber components in the surrounding area is strongly recommended. Open paint and stir thoroughly.
• Make sure the surface is dry, then apply paint with brush provided in a thin, even coat avoiding runs or droplets. Leave to dry for 30 minutes before applying a second coat. Repeat process until desired effect is achieved. Leave to dry for a further 2 hours before refitting the wheels. The vehicle should not be driven for a further 24 hours to allow paint to harden. On some surfaces you may need to apply two or three coats to achieve the desired finish.
• When removing brake dust, do not inhale. Always wear safety clothing & ensure good ventilation • Brake caliper paint must not be applied to brake discs, brake pads or brake shoes. If the paint comes into contact with any of these parts, they must be cleaned or replaced immediately.
• Do not use brake cleaner as an engine degreaser.
• Do not use this paint on exhaust pipes, manifolds, turbos or any part of the engine that exceeds 220°C