E-TECH Pro Alloy Wheel Paint – 400ml
The E-TECH Pro Alloy Wheel Paint is the latest range of alloy wheel refurbishing paints available in 4 new hi-tech colours reflecting the latest trends and styles. The Pro Paints has been created to refurbish, refresh and customise alloy wheels and to provide a cost effective solution for alloy wheel refurbishment.
Each paint in the range has been developed using the latest advances in aerosol technology and incorporates a high flow adjustable dual spray nozzle for smooth even coverage that gives you more control and versatility to achieve a professional looking finish.
Available in a choice of colours: Chromium Bright Silver, Metallic Graphite, Bavarian Dark Anthracite, Metallic Midnight Black
- Ideal for refurbishing and customising alloy wheels
- Excellent adhesion and coverage – fast drying
- Resists brake dust, cleaning chemicals, road salt and general road grime
- Long lasting high quality chip resistant finish
- Manufactured to ISO9001 Quality Standards
- Pro Nozzle for move versatility and smooth even coverage
Can size 400ml
Chromium Bright Silver – Probably the brightest silver paint available! The combination of ultra-bright silver paint and a fusion of fine metallic particles produce a brilliant finish that will make your alloys stand out from the crowd.
Metallic Graphite – Produces and ultra-modern finish that will transform alloy wheels. Our high tech coating contains metallic particles that give greater definition, highlighting the design and contours of your alloy wheels.
Bavarian Dark Anthracite – Is immediately recognizable as the Germanic performance wheel colour of choice. It offers subtle aggressive styling that delivers a really powerful look to your alloys.
Metallic Midnight Black – Is a rich deep black gloss paint blended with ultra-fine metallic particles producing a wheel finish that especially in sunlight looks fantastic, creating a unique individual look.
We recommend that you remove the wheel to be painted from the vehicle. Please ensure that you follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations to perform this task. If you are not confident in removing the wheel safely please contact a qualified mechanic.
Clean the wheel thoroughly; remove all traces of brake dust, silicone, polish, wax, dirt, grease etc. Use a cleaner non-injurious to paintwork e.g. Pre paint degreaser. We recommend using our E-Tech Technik Surface Deep Cleaner (Part No: ER00102).Dry the wheel thoroughly.
Using a medium grade abrasive paper or file, remove any flaking lacquer or paint that has lifted or bubbled and sand back any oxidized aluminium. If you have any deep scuffs, scratches or dents we recommend you fill them using E-Tech Alloy Wheel Putty (Part No AWP-01). This can be shaped and sanded easily to repair the wheel surface. End the prep work with a light sanding using a fine grade abrasive paper for a smooth finish. Wash and dry the wheel thoroughly to remove any dust and debris.
Mask off the tyre or any area that you do not want to be painted or that is subject to overspray i.e. tyre valves, centre caps etc.
Before painting (with Alloy Wheel Paint) we recommend that you apply 2-3 coats of E-Tech Technik Repaired Surface Primer (Part No: ER00109). Please note, VERY IMPORTANT, if you have areas of bare alloy you will need to prime them with our E-Tech Technik Self-Etch Primer (Part No: ER00112) to ensure that the paint will adhere to the alloy. Once primed allow to dry before lightly sanding with a fine grade abrasive paper.
• If you are not sure about the colour compatibility carry out a test spray on a small inconspicuous area similar to that being painted to check you are happy with the colour. Please note this is an acrylic based paint.
• For best results ensure the can is at room temperature before use (approx 17°C to 21°C).
• For best results spray in a warm, dry and dust free area.
• Shake can vigorously for a minimum of 2 minutes.
• Hold can 20-30cm (8"-12") from surface and spray using a smooth side to side motion.
• Slowly build up the layers with several thin coats allowing approximately 10 minutes between coats to dry to a tacky film.
• Shake can between coats.
After use turn the can upside down, spray until the nozzle is clear or remove the nozzle and soak in thinners.
*Want a showroom finish - then we recommend using the E-Tech Clear Coat Lacquer, Part No AWL-187216. This dries to a hard hi-gloss, wet-look finish and seals the painted surface. Allow a minimum of 24 hours for paint to dry before applying the lacquer