E-TECH RED OXIDE PRIMER – 400ML
This alkyd based E-TECH Red Oxide Primer provides a long lasting, durable finish and contains a rust inhibitor to protect against corrosion, while at the same timepriming the surface and allowing any top coat of paint to applied to it. Perfect for use on steel, metal and iron surfaces, or any other ferrous metal. Can also be used on most rigid non-porous surfaces.
- Strong adhesion provides a firm foundation for the top coat of paint
- Perfect for the restoration and refurbishment of steel, metal & iron surfaces
- Can be used on most non-porous surfaces
- Dries to a smooth matt red finish
- Advanced Lead free formulation
- Ideal for: DIY-Fences, Gates, Railings, Industrial Applications, Automotive Repair and Restoration Projects
- 2 in 1 - Primes the surface and protects against rust
Can size: 400ml
Colour: Matt Red
Not Suitable for use on non-ferrous metals and alloys
• For best results ensure the bodywork or part you are working on and the can are at room temperature before use (approx 17°C to 21°C)
• Apply in a warm, dry and dust free area.
• Sand or grind the surface to be sprayed and remove any rust, oxidization or loose paint and debris.
• Clean the area thoroughly and remove any last traces of dust or debris that the sanding/grinding may have created.
• Degrease surface to remove all traces of oil, silicone, polish, wax, grease, etc
• Mask off any areayou do not want to be painted or is subject to overspray.
COMPATIBILITY TEST: Before applying we recommend you perform a test spray on a small inconspicuous area to ensure you are happy with the performance of this product.
• Shake can vigorously for a minimum of 2 minutes.
• Hold can 20-130cm (8-12") from the surface and spray using a smooth side to side motion.
• We recommend that you apply 2 thin coats allowing approximately 15 to 20 minutes between coats.
• Leave to dry for approximately 4 hours to harden properly. When the surface is completely dry it is then ready for the top coat of paint.