E-TECH Spray-On Transparent Protection Film
E-TECH Spray-On Transparent Protectio Film has been developed to protect exposed and vulnerable surfaces that are prone to dameg by stone chips, road debris, insects and minor scuffs and scratches.
The self-levelling formula is easy to apply & remove if the film is damaged, simply peel off and respray.
Ideal for protecting paintwork on: Front bumpers, spoilers & splitters, Bonnets, Doors sills, WIng mirrors, Rear bumper tops, Wheel arches, Rear valances and diffusers
- Self-levelling formula
- Easy to apply and remove
- Transparent paint protector
- Guards your car's paint against stone chips, bugs, tar, scratches, road debris
- Protects painted surfaces such as bonnets, bumpers, wings, mirror covers, roofs, A pillars that are prone to damage
- Ideal for bikes, cars, motorcycles etc.
Can Size: 400ml
Coverage: approximately 3 Square Metres
Manufactured to ISO9001 and ISO40001 environmental standards
*Not suitable for use over aersol sprayed paints and lacquers (K1 type) .
Preparartion - read all the below
Please note * Only suitable for use on smooth painted metal or plastic surfaces. DO NOT use on porous or absorbant surfaces.
- Wash the area to be sprayed with a good quality PH neutral Car wash and rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt, dust, polish, silicone, wax. etc
- Deep clean the area with our E-TECH Surface Deep Cleaner (Part No: ER00102) or similar product, to remove any residue or silicones from the painted area.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Mask off the area that you do not want to be sprayed or that is subject to overspray.
- We recommend that you carry out a 'test spray' on a small inconspicuous area similar to that being sprayed to make sure you are happy that the product is compatible with the surface and can be removed if required.
- For best results ensure the can is at room temperature before use (approx 17ºC to 21ºC) and is sprayed in a warm, dry and dust free arewa.
- Shake the can for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Hold can 20-30cm (8"-12") from the surface and spray using a smooth side to side, up and down motion.
- Shake can between coats
- Slowly build up several thin coats allowing approximately 10 minutes between each coat to dry to a tacky film. The more layers you apply the better the protection and the easier it will be to remove if needed.
- Immediately after spraying the last layer carefully remove the masking tapeand paper, without lifting the film.
- To remove the film very carefully lift a corner and slowly peel it away.
Curing - IMPORTANT
The spray film should be left for approx. 6-8 hours after the last layer has been applied to fully cure. Avoid contact with water for at least 48 hours after the spray has cured.