E-TECH Technik Self-Etch Primer – 400ml
The E-TECH Technik Self-Etch Primer has been specially developed to allow notoriously difficult surfaces to be painted such as: Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Galvanised, treated or untreated steel, Bare metals and Fibre Glass.
When sprayed onto a surface a chemical process starts and the acid content impregnates the top later of the surface and provides a firm foundation or further paint layers. The advanced primer technology allows it to be compatible with virtually any primer or top coat of paint.
- Chemically etches the surface creating a firm foundation for primer and paint.
- Microscopically impregnates the first few microns of the surface promoting excellent primer and paint adhesion.
- Ideal for restoration and refurbishment of alloy wheels.
- Can be overpainted
- Etches and primes in one step
Can size: 400ml
Suitable for applications up to 120°C
SURFACE PREPARATION - IMPORTANT: READ THIS
Warning: when using this product we recommend that you wear protective eyewear and gloves to protect your eyes and skin and a breathing mask. Only use this product in a well ventilated area, do not breathe in vapour.
• For best results ensure the bodywork or part you are working on and the can are at room temperature before use (approx 17°C to 21°C)
• Apply in a warm, dry and dust free area.
• Clean the area to be etched/primed thoroughly; remove all traces of dust, silicone, polish, wax or dirt, grease etc. Use a cleaner non-injurious to paint work – we recommend using our E-TECH Technik Surface Deep Cleaner Part No ER00102. Dry thoroughly.
• Then sand the area to be etched/primed with a medium or fine grade abrasive paper to remove any rust, oxidization or loose paint etc. Wash and dry this area again thoroughly to remove any dust or debris that your sanding may have created. Once again we recommend using our E-TECH Surface Deep Cleaner as a final cleanse. Allow to completely dry before applying Self-Etch Primer.
• Mask off any area that you do not want to be painted or that is subject to overspray.
E-TECH TECHNIK SELF-ETCH PRIMER APPLICATION
• Hold can 20-30cm (8-12") from surface and spray with a smooth side to side motion
• We recommend that you apply 2 thin coats allowing 10 minutes between coats to dry to a tacky film.
• Leave the Self-Etch Primer to completely dry for at least 24 hours to allow the etching process to work and ensure that the solvents contained in it completely evaporate.
After use turn the can upside down, spray until the nozzle is clear or remove the nozzle and soak in thinners.
• After 24 hours drying the curing process should be complete. Only when the Self-Etch Primer is completely dry can you then lightly sand it with a very fine abrasive paper. DO NOT use any water as this may impede the acid etching process. DRY SAND ONLY and use a tack rag to remove any dust or debris.
• The surface is now primed. However, for increased top coat adhesion and a high gloss finish we recommend that you apply a layer/s of the Technik Repaired Surface Primer Part No ER00109.
• The surface is now ready to have the top coat of paint applied.
On smooth surfaces like stainless steel and galvanized metals you must sand (key) the area to be etched before applying the Self-Etch Primer to ensure good adhesion.