E-TECH Ultra Zinc Primer – 500ml
The E-TECH Ultra Zinc Primer is a long life surface coating for ferrous metals that protects against rust & corrosion by using a combination of 99% pure zinc particles and modified resin binders to create a tough non-porous barrier against moisture and oxygen.
This Zinc enriched formula provides cathodic electro-chemical corrosion protection which means that ferrous metal surfaces are kept free from corrosion even if the surface coating is damaged by stone chips, minor knocks or scratches.
- Excellent electrical conductivity for welding
- Suitable for coating and touching up galvanised surfaces
- Ideal for vehicle chassis and sub-frame restoration and protection
- Can be overpainted
- Easy to apply and fast drying
- Perfect for vehicle restoration where preventing corrosion is a priority
Can size 500ml
Contains 99% Pure Zinc Particles
SURFACE PREPARATION - IMPORTANT: READ THIS
• For best results ensure the surface you are working on and the can are at room temperature before use (approx 15°C to 25°C)
• Apply in a warm, dry and dust free area
• Sand or grind the surface area to be sprayed and remove any rust, oxidization or loose paint etc.
• The clean the area thoroughly and remove any dust or debris that your sanding may have created; remove all traces of dust, silicone, polish, wax or dirt, grease etc. Use a cleaner non-injurious to paintwork
• Mask off any area you do not want to be painted or is subject to overspray.
E-TECH ULTRA ZINC PRIMER APPLICATION
• Shake can vigorously for a minimum of 2 minutes
• Hold can 20-30cm (8-12") from the surface and spray using a smooth side to side motion
• We recommend that you apply 2 thin coats allowing approximately 15 to 20 minutes between coats to dry to a hard film
• Leave to dry for approximately 24 hours to harden properly.
After use turn the can upside down, spray until the nozzle is clear or remove the nozzle and soak in thinners.
• When the Ulta Zinc is completely dry, lightly sand it with a very fine abrasive paper to key the surface. Remove any dust this creates and then apply a good quality primer, we recommend Technik Repaired Surface Primer Part No ER00109, to ensure a firm foundation.
• The surface is now ready to have the top coat of paint applied.