E-TECH Advanced Body Filler - 700g
The E-TECH Advanced Body Filler has been specially developed for use on both modern day vehicle body panels as well as traditional steel ones. Suitable for filling and repairing dents, gouges, splits and scratches with a depth of up to 30mm.
The pre-accelerated polyester based filler formula is fast setting and then still easy to sand and shape to a smooth finish. The E-TECH Advanced Body Filler has excellent adhesion properties and is impact resistant with good flexibility.
- Excellent adhesion to bodywork
- Easy to sand and shape to a smooth finish ready for priming and painting
- Polyester based pre-accelerated filler formula
- Waterproof and includes anti-rust properties
- Suitable for professional paint shop ovens – heat resistant up to 185°C
700g filler is made up of 685g Filler and 15g Hardener
Suitable for professional paint shop ovens – heat resistant up to 85°C
Fills dents up to a depth of 30mm
Polyester based filler – off white colour
Can be used as a general purpose filler on steel or alloy bodywork, most plastics, glass fibre (GRP), wood and masonry
• For best results ensure the bodywork or part you are working on and the Filler are at room temperature before you start the repair (approx 17°C to 21°C).
• For best results apply in a warm, dry, dust free, well ventilated area.
• Remove any loose paint, rust flakes or debris from the damaged area.
• Sand the damaged area thoroughly and along the edge of the scratch, scuff or minor dent. Feather* the edge back into the good paint about 25mm using a medium grade abrasive paper.
• Roughen the bare metal or surface with coarse abrasive paper within 10mm of the damage; this will help the filler grip the surface.
• Clean area to be filled/repaired thoroughly; remove all traces of dust, silicone, polish, wax, dirt, grease etc. (use a cleaner non-injurious to paint work) - we recommend using the E-TECH Technik Surface Deep Cleaner ER00102.
•For dents that are deeper than 20mm we recommend you pull/tap it out as much as possible to reduce the amount of filler you apply.
*Feather Edge – Sand the edge of a paint layer so it tapers down to the metal/plastic surface leaving no ridge or edge
• Use the spreader to mix the Filler and Hardener to a ratio of approx a 30mm (3cm) line of Hardener, to approx a 40mm (4cm) diameter ball of Filler (golf ball size). (This is a ratio of approximately 3-4% hardener to 96-97% filler). Mix until you have a consistent colour. Try not to create air bubbles when mixing the two components. (Once mixed the Filler will start to harden within a few minutes so we advise you only make up an amount that can be applied within this workable timescale).
• Apply the Filler evenly in several thin layers, about 5mm to 6mm thick, allowing each layer to harden before applying the next layer. (This helps reduce the formation of voids and air bubbles ensuring a good adhesion).
• The final layer should stand 1mm or 2mm proud of the desired level to allow for sanding and shaping.
• Allow the Filler to fully harden for approx 30 minutes at room temperature. It may take longer to cure in cooler temperatures or if the correct ratio of filler to hardener is not exact.
• Use a coarse grade abrasive paper to sand back the filler to desired shape. (If you end up with a low spot or a place where a bubble has formed simply mix some more filler and apply). Ensure the surface is clean and dust free before applying.
• Once the filler is shaped, sand it with progressively finer grades of abrasive paper smoothing the Filler and feathering* the edges into the surrounding paint and bodywork.
• Once you have sanded back the filler clean the area thoroughly with a lint free cloth or tack rag to make sure the surface is free from dust and sanding debris. We recommend another application of our E-TECH Technik Surface Deep Cleaner ER00102
Choose from one of the following:
A. If you are happy with the sanded surface of the Advanced Body Filler you are now ready to prime the filled area. We recommend the E-TECH Technik Repaired Surface Primer, Part No ER00109; follow the instructions on the can.
B. If you can’t achieve the desired smooth surface due to swirl marks or pin holes, apply a thin layer of the E-TECH Ultra Fine Surface Detailing Filler, Part No ER00107. Apply the Ultra Fine Surface Detailing Filler as per instructions. This will then give an ultra-smooth surface on which to apply the primer and paint.
•Once you have primed the damaged area you can apply the top coat of paint.
TOP COAT OF PAINT
We recommend that you find the manufacturer’s colour code for your vehicle which will be on the VIN plate/chassis plate (refer to vehicle owner’s hand book to locate this information) or you could ask your local dealer for your paint colour code. Contact a good local motor factor who mixes paint on their premises and they will be able to provide you the exact colour match in an aerosol for DIY application (use).