E-TECH Transparent Protection FIlm Kit
This E-TECH clear protection film is virtually invisible and ideal for protecting against everyday wear and tear. Specially designed to be fitted to prominent or protruding bodywork that is prone to damage from stone chips, bugs, minor scuffs and scratches.
Numerous applications: cars, bicycles, motor bikes, boats, 4x4's, pick-ups or any painted surfaces
Ideal for vulnerable areas on vehicles where roof racks, bike racks or other accessories come into contact with vehicle paintork.
- Protects paint from stone chips, insect damage, minor scuffs and weathering
- Ideal for protecting protruding edges and vulnerable areas
- Simple to install and cut to shape
- Helps prevent annoying scratches
- Helps maintain resale value
E-TECH Transparent Protection Film Roll Size: 12.5cm wide x 3m long
1 x Roll of E-TECH Transparent Film
2 x E-TECH Surface Cleaning Sachets
1 x Squeegee
1 x Fitting Instructions sheet
Read the below instructions carelully before starting to install this product.
Can be used an exterior and interior surfaces.
1. Do not fit in temperatures below 13ºC (55ºF) as this affects the adhesion of the product. lf temperature is below 13ºC (55ºF) you can warm the area where it is going to be stuck using a hair dryer or by fitting in a warm garage,
2. Do not reposition the film once it is stuck down.
3. The adhesive takes time to cure so do not wash the vehicle within 3 days of installation.
- Thoroughly clean the area where the film is going to be fitted.
- IMPORTANT: This area must be completely free of all traces of oil, grease, wax, polish, dirt, dust and moisture.
Thoroughly dry the area.
- Clean this area with degreaser or proprietary cleaner (non injurious to paintwork) e.g. White Spirit, Meths etc. or use the sachet provided.
- lf you are fitting this film to the interior of the vehicle you must make sure you remove all traces of polish and silicone that may have been applied to the panels.
5. Do not stretch the film while installing.
6. Please remember that this product is designed for a flat or single curvature surface.
Before cutting the film make sure you have decided where you are going to fit the film.
Once you have decided where you are going to fit it, depending upon the shape, we suggest it would be a good idea to make a paper/card template of this area. You can cut and trim this to get an exact fit and then transfer this shape to the back of the film by drawing around the template on to the backing paper of the film and this will make fitting the film easier.
This film is ideal for fitting on most flat or single curvature panels or surfaces.
Before cutting the film make sure you are happy with the area you are going to fit the film to and/or shape of the template you have made.
There are 2 methods of applying this film as explained below:
Cut the film to the shape required and offer up to the area that it is going to be fitted to. DO NOT remove the backing paper yet. Make sure the area is clean and dry (see point 4 above).
Now you have checked the shape and are happy with it and the area is clean and dry offer the film up to the area where you want it stuck and peel back only 1 or 2cms of the backing paper and fold this down to leave a flap.
Stick the exposed end of the film in position and rub down gently. Then pull the flap of the backing paper away from the film a few cms at a time and slowly stick the rest of it in position, rubbing down gently as you go. Once the film is in place it should not be removed.
Now that the film is stuck in position rub it down removing any air bubbles that may appear. lf you have any stubborn air bubbles that you want removed we suggest you pop them with a pin to release the air.
lf you think you will need to adjust the film while positioning it you can mix a weak soapy water solution in a spray bottle using either washing up liquid or better still some baby shampoo as it will have less air bubbles.
Then follow the below steps:
- After the fitting area has been cleaned (see note 4 above) remove the backing paper from the film to reveal the adhesive side. Lightly apply a mist of the solution to both the area and the adhesive side of the film getting both surfaces wet. You may need help from a friend to make sure the film does not come into contact with any other surfaces while applying the solution.
- Gently lift the film into the desired position, checking the alignment thoroughly and when you are happy with the position apply pressure so it stays put.
- Use the squeegee and press the solution out from underneath the centre of the film and push towards the edges using overlapping strokes. Make sure that you remove all the solution from underneath the film.
- Once allthe solution has been removed from under the film leave it to dry.