E-TECH Alloy Wheel Paint – 400ml
The E-TECH Alloy Wheel Paint has been developed to refurbish, refresh or customise alloy wheels, giving them a totally new appearance and a new lease of life.
E-TECH Alloy wheel Paint's provide a durable coating which is resistant to brake dust, cleaning chemicals and road salt and dries to a hard, chip resistant, long lasting finish
Available in a choice of colours: Metallic Silver, Technik Grey, Motorsport Black, Drift Gold, Competition White
- Ideal for refurbishing and customising alloy wheels
- Excellent adhesion and coverage
- Resists brake dust, cleaning chemicals, road salt and general road grime
- Long lasting high quality chip resistant finish
- Simple to apply and quick drying
Can size 400ml
Metallic Silver – A medium metallic silver with great reflective qualities and depth
Technik Grey – A subtle but precise metallic anthracite colour creating a modern hi-tec finish
Motorsport Black – A definitive deep, rich finish for the ultimate aggressive motorsport look
Drift Gold – A uniquely blended colour that gives a distinctive deep golden metallic finish
Competition White – A lustrous brilliant white finish creating the perfect classic competition look
We recommend that you remove the wheel to be painted from the vehicle. Please ensure that you follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations to perform this task. If you are not confident in removing the wheel safely please contact a qualified mechanic.
Clean the wheel thoroughly; remove all traces of brake dust, silicone, polish, wax, dirt, grease etc. Use a cleaner non-injurious to paintwork e.g. Pre paint degreaser. We recommend using our E-Tech Technik Surface Deep Cleaner (Part No: ER00102).Dry the wheel thoroughly.
Using a medium grade abrasive paper or file, remove any flaking lacquer or paint that has lifted or bubbled and sand back any oxidized aluminium. If you have any deep scuffs, scratches or dents we recommend you fill them using E-Tech Alloy Wheel Putty (Part No AWP-01). This can be shaped and sanded easily to repair the wheel surface. End the prep work with a light sanding using a fine grade abrasive paper for a smooth finish. Wash and dry the wheel thoroughly to remove any dust and debris.
Mask off the tyre or any area that you do not want to be painted or that is subject to overspray i.e. tyre valves, centre caps etc.
Before painting (with Alloy Wheel Paint) we recommend that you apply 2-3 coats of E-Tech Technik Repaired Surface Primer (Part No: ER00109). Please note, VERY IMPORTANT, if you have areas of bare alloy you will need to prime them with our E-Tech Technik Self-Etch Primer (Part No: ER00112) to ensure that the paint will adhere to the alloy. Once primed allow to dry before lightly sanding with a fine grade abrasive paper.
• If you are not sure about the colour compatibility carry out a test spray on a small inconspicuous area similar to that being painted to check you are happy with the colour. Please note this is an acrylic based paint.
• For best results ensure the can is at room temperature before use (approx 17°C to 21°C).
• For best results spray in a warm, dry and dust free area.
• Shake can vigorously for a minimum of 2 minutes.
• Hold can 20-30cm (8"-12") from surface and spray using a smooth side to side motion.
• Slowly build up the layers with several thin coats allowing approximately 10 minutes between coats to dry to a tacky film.
• Shake can between coats.
After use turn the can upside down, spray until the nozzle is clear or remove the nozzle and soak in thinners.
*Want a showroom finish - then we recommend using the E-Tech Clear Coat Lacquer, Part No AWL-187216. This dries to a hard hi-gloss, wet-look finish and seals the painted surface. Allow a minimum of 24 hours for paint to dry before applying the lacquer